Saturday, July 18, 2009

I'm setting bootie traps!

I think my title is racist; of course the Asian guy quotes Data from the Goonies. What other good Goonie quotes are there? "Goonies never say die?" "Sloth love Chunk?" "This is the men's room?" "This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back. "

Why am I even talking about the Goonies? Well, it's cause I spent Wednesday afternoon in the deep dank, squidgy(that's what the travel guide described the floor as, "squidgy". I would disagree) underbelly of the Paris underground with approximately nine million way dead Parisians in what's otherwise known as the Paris Catacombs.

Of course when I asked someone's opinion about it, they just said to go to KFC since all you see is bones. Surely, he wasn't impressed like I was with the seemingly endless human skulls and femur bones that were neatly stacked by some Tetris master in the old rock quarries. Or maybe he too had a tourist behind him repeatily say, "Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" However, the lack of any other type of bones was disappointing, what no rib cages? Maybe they were hidden in the back somewhere. The heart difibullator at the exit of the catacombs was a nice touch. But everything else was just like the movie, the deep hole of stank water that held everyone's dreams and wishes, the skeletons of all the past catacomb explorers, one eyed Willie, the large octopus monster that got cut from the original movie, and of course the treasure! Okay so maybe not, but it was the best eight euros I spend on any tourist trap here in Paris so just let me dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment