Sunday, July 26, 2009

1,001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die

So today I went to the Tour de France and all I did was feed the ducklings in the pond. Okay, no I didn't. That's a lie. For some reason this blog is painting me to be an animal lover. I swear, I hate animals. Especially ones who wear capes and save animals singing opera tunes(I kid...I kid). I actually did see the Tour de France with no furry distractions.

The one thing that stood out to me was seeing an old man carrying the book 1,001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die. Suddenly the book took on a more morbid meaning. Having obviously come from the Musee d'Orday, I can only assume he was on his way to the Louvre to check off the Mona Lisa from his book. I was just wondering how many he had left and if he really was on a mission to see all of them before he croaks. Forget the Tour de France that was happening next to him, there is art to see! Actually on second thought, it was probably genius of him to go to the museums today seeing as all of Paris were lining the streets, including me.

Okay here's a quick recap...three and a half hours of waiting and then ten seconds of vroooooom, pedal, pedal, pedal, vroooooooom, wait ten minutes and repeat another eight or so times. Next time I'm going to stay home and watch on tv.



1 comment:

  1. Im starting to think you love animals more than anything.

    ReplyDelete