Saturday, August 8, 2009

One Great City!

Sorry for the long gap between posts, but I'm sure you can forgive me as I've been tanning and laying out on the beach all week long. My days are something like this, wake up around 9:00am, eat an amazing breakfast of Greek yogurt, fried eggs, bacon, and fruit, visit an old medieval village or two, sit on either a pebble or sandy beach(i prefer the latter. Pebbles are a bitch to walk on), eat lunch(which always include a Greek salad), tan for another few hours, take a dip into the Aegean Sea, eat dinner(which always includes a Greek salad. See a pattern here?) and then end with drinks at the port. So you can see why I'm not so inclined to update this.
Although I should mention we did take a day tour to Izmir, Turkey yesterday. Turkey is visible from Chios and only a 45 minute ferry ride, so we had planned to go for a day trip. I had written an entry about the finer points why not to visit Izmir Turkey when there's a Grecian beach with sand and water and relaxation and a lack of shady merchants trying to sell you a "nice t-shirt" much closer by, but it got deleted. So the lesson to learn here, don't go to Turkey. We all hated it. Fine, go if you really want to buy a magical monkey paw, but really, it's still not worth it. I used one of my wishes from the monkey paw to send me back in time and choose to spend an extra day at the beach instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment